Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Visitor Came to Town/Torun Poland Trip

So last week we had a manager come visit us at site.  In addition to him, we also had four new advisors show up.  Let's just say - I'm tired of socializing.  I'm not the biggest social butterfly to begin with, and this going out every night thing is wearing me out.  Don't get me wrong - I had fun.  But I need a break from drinking!
Sunset One Evening
The Whole Group Minus Me
Dinner
And within the same weekend the advisors and myself with to Torun, Poland.  It was not affected by World War II so much of the architecture is original.  A lot of the town is medieval.  Torun is also the birthplace of Copernicus, the astronomer.  I got to see the house he was born in, along with every attraction there might have been within the Old Town Area.  It was really nice to be able to go to another place with a group of people.  I think most of us had fun.  There were also several churches in town.  The picture below had to be the worst clock tower I have seen since I have been in Europe.  And go figure - it was the only church that wasn't Catholic...  :-)  All I'm gonna say is that Catholics know how to build a clock tower - other churches take note.
Lamest Clock Tower Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment