Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Day Trip to Łódź

Yesterday most of the group decided to make a trip to Łódź.  It's about 1 hour and 45 minutes away from Płock.  And for the first time, I didn't have to drive!  Sadly if I would've driven we probably would have gotten there faster, but oh well.  I enjoyed being a backseat driver.  We had a few small detours - like needed to stop and reprogram a GPS, taking the wrong turn, being routed to a grocery store instead of the city.


There was one instance where the driver of my car missed a left hand turn, and only a few minutes after pointed out that there was a girl on the street who was showing a lot of skin.  I found it amazing that he could see her and point her out, but he missed the left hand turn after I told him to turn left twice.  Men...


Łódź was known as the commercial and industrial capital of Eastern/Central Europe.  It is known for the textile factories.  Now there is a huge mall with a textile museum and a fully functional mall.  It was pretty neat.  There was a huge courtyard outside and it had fountains for kids to run through, sand volleyball courts, all sorts of statues, there was a concert.  
Entrance of Mall
We saw a Palace that is now a Museum:
Front of Poznanski Palace
Meagan in Courtyard of Palace
Courtyard of Palace
We also got to see a few other sites in town as we walked around.  It was a fairly large city.  In fact, it was the first city where I didn't see an Old Town.  I'm sure there is one, but we never walked through it (at least to my knowledge).



No comments:

Post a Comment