Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Another Drive Through Poland

I decided to spend my weekend in a different city - sometimes I need a change of pace. And besides, my goal is to see most of Poland before I leave. So why not?

I went to Wroclaw, which is in southwest Poland. It is the greenest city in Poland. They have more park land per person than any other city. They also had a botanical garden, which interested me. I like taking pictures of things that can't move - like flowers. It's easier for me! :-)

I only spent one night there, and it rained on Saturday evening. But at least my hotel was AMAZING! The room was really small, but I didn't mind that at all. I'm only one person. There were a couple different tv channels that had English shows/movies with Polish subtitles. From what I have seen in Plock - there are movie channels with the movies in English, but there is someone speaking in Polish over the actors. So you can hear the actors speaking English, but the Polish is so overpowering you can't actually make out the conversation. It is really annoying.

So you know how I mentioned in a previous blog that you have to insert your hotel key to turn on the lights - same thing at this place too!

After a great breakfast at the hotel, (there was a ton of fresh fruit), and meeting a few Americans from New York, I made my way back to Plock. I decided to take my time - there was no need to rush back. So I stopped and took a few pictures of the forests I drove through.


I also decided on my drive that I am probably going to Prague next weekend, no matter what. Unless the other UOP person begs me to wait, in which case I will. :-) So if Prague falls through I decided to try to see every castle in Poland. And there are more than you think! My first one will be in Ciechanów, which is only an hour away from Plock. And if I feel up to it, I'll go down to Warsaw too. I have already started making the list of castles to see. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment