Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Not Christmas if the Snow Don't Fall

Even in Dallas/Fort Worth it is possible to have a white Christmas! Crazy!! And of course there are very few people who know how to drive on snow or on the ice after some of the snow melts and then freezes. I've never seen so many people slide off of the road in my life. There was a Fed Ex truck sideways in the middle of an interstate! I wish I would've had my phone so I could've taken a picture of it. The ice was insane, but luckily for me I was with someone who had 4 wheel drive and a big truck. I think he also has a hero complex (kidding! - but really...) - he loved helping people and really wanted to tow someone out of a ditch. It was kind of fun I guess. But I'll never admit it out loud - here's hoping he doesn't read this... :-)

It reminded me of this time when we had an ice storm in Kankakee when I was little, pre-kindergarten. The ice covered this small hill (the equivalent of walking out of a steep ditch) that we had to climb in order to walk to the YMCA for swimming/gymnastics/etc. I could not get up the hill. I remember getting up part of the way with my mom and then sliding right back down to the bottom and dragging my mom down with me. At the time I probably thought it was really funny. Oh the good ole days!

But even with all of the stupid drivers and the ice and the cold, I love the snow. I got my one snow for the winter. I should be good for the year. Good thing I'll be down in Louisiana until at least the end of February - it is only helping my chances of no more snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment