Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Some Ramblings...

Hello All!!  I just have one thing to say about the people of Poland (well so far) - they are so nice.  I went to work today, it was my first day on site, and all of the staff were so nice.  They were so helpful and all of them who speak english well gave me their phone numbers.  One girl even said that if I'm having trouble buying something at a store because I can't get it across what I want, she would talk to the person for me over the phone.  :-)  She also said that because Plock is a smaller town, not as many people know english.  In Warsaw and maybe Krakow more of the people need to know english.


I saw the hotel parking attendant in the city center when I was walking back to the hotel after dinner tonight.  He and I met the first five seconds I drove into town.  We ended up communicating via sign language because I couldn't understand anything he was saying and he couldn't understand me.  But when I saw him tonight, he stopped and waved and smiled at me.  It meant a lot to me.  


I also realized today that I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and wash my clothes in the sink/shower.  I'm not sure where else I can wash them.  The hotel doesn't do the laundry (that I can tell).  And I haven't seen any laundromats.  Mostly I see clothes lines in the courtyards of the apartment buildings filled with clothes drying in the breeze.  So I think that maybe since tomorrow is supposed to be nice that I'll open the door and dry my clothes.  I also have this crazy hair dryer??????  I'm not really sure what it is, but I can use that to clean some of my clothes.  I'm really glad that I just invested in a bunch of new dry fit shirts and a couple pairs of shorts if that is what I have to wash.  They should dry faster.


I'm debating on what to do this next weekend.  I think I'm going to ask one of the UOP guys in Belgium if he wants to meet and do something for the weekend.  Otherwise I'll probably go to Warsaw and go see the sites.  It's pretty cool that I have this decision to make.   :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooorrrrrrr you could make friends with some chick at the refinery and go to her house to wash clothes... ;)

    ReplyDelete