Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Very Polish Weekend

Alright - I don't really know if my weekend was very Polish as opposed to pseudo Polish.  But it seems like many people were doing what I was doing.  Maybe not all of the picture taking, but everyone was out walking around enjoying the sun.


On Saturday I was out taking pictures on the river walk and then came back into town through the square.  I saw one of the other engineers who used to work for UOP.  So I stopped and talked to him.  He convinced me to come look at apartments with him - he was on his way to a showing.  I decided that I am going to move into whichever one he doesn't take.  It is right down the street from my hotel AND (get ready for this... ) it has a washing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And it is bigger and cheaper than my hotel.  The best part is that there is this great little Italian restaurant on the bottom floor.  It has pretty good pizza!


After we looked at apartments we sat out in the sun drinking Polish beer and talking about families and UOP field assignments.  It was so great to have someone to talk to.  He told me I have some European in my face - so I had to explain that my dad's side is Slovakian.  And the guy I was talking to is from the Czech Republic.  :-)  We sat out in the square for a few hours.  Today I am electing to sit out on my own porch.  The hotel just put out tables and chairs for all of the rooms on the bottom floor.  I even have an umbrella!


I'll post more pictures sometime this afternoon.  Whenever I get tired of reading out in the sun... 

No comments:

Post a Comment